Saturday, November 15, 2008

In the corner of my mind


Are there places you've been that you just can't get out of your mind? Places that call to you and you just can't wait to experience again. This is how Wynand Fockink was for me... Yeah you heard me right... That is how it is pronounced, and just like everything else in Amsterdam it's a little naughty without even trying....

Same thing with the XXX all over the canals you see them everywhere and think to yourself "hey I'm not in the red light district right now, wtf?" Well that's how it is with this over 300 year old jenever and liqueur distillery and tasting room....

First aside from the fact the fact that it is the most quaint "Bar" like place I have ever been, the "Bartender" was really more of a jenever aficionado and educator who guided you through the history and the taste of these wonderful little bottles with a great sense of humor and skill. I remember it fondly and cannot wait to return.

While we were there We bought Bruidstranen' AKA The Bride's Tears', which is lovely and spiced and meant to be served in the days leading up the wedding, Jer and I had only been engaged 2 days so it was the obvious choice... I can't explain how excited I am for us to celebrate with this....

0 comments: